EVENT: 26th Annual Southwest Regional Trauma Conference
WHEN: Thursday & Friday, July 30-31
WHERE: JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, 3800 W. Starr Pass Blvd., Tucson
Trauma is any injury to the body by an outside source of energy. It can be as minor as a cut or as serious as the worst injuries sustained from a car crash, fall or gunshot wound. In the U.S., trauma is the leading cause of death people age 46 and younger, exceeding cancer and heart disease combined.
Medical advancements and public health efforts have made an impact on this challenging problem, but injuries still remain the greatest silent epidemic of modern society. The 26th Annual Southwest Regional Trauma Conference, Thursday and Friday, July 30-31, at the JW Marriott Tucson Starr Pass Resort & Spa, 3800 W. Starr Pass Blvd., Tucson, aims to deliver the most current information on trauma and its management to all health-care professionals working to combat this major health problem.
The conference has been organized under the leadership of the Division of Trauma, Acute Care, Burn and Emergency Surgery at the University of Arizona Department of Surgery and Banner – University Medical Center Tucson and South. Two concurrent sessions along with several general sessions are offered each day, including:
- Natural Disasters: Ebola and Infectious Disease – Josh Gaither, MD
- You Put What Where? The Ins and Outs of Insertions – Donald Green, MD
- Itty Bitty Trauma: Down-sized Trauma for the Little Ones – Dale Woolridge, MD
- Rescue at Sutherland Peak: A 15-hour Rescue from a Peak in Southern Arizona's Huachuca Mountains – Agent Paul Peplowski, Paramedic
- Electrifying and Enlightening Trauma: What You Should Know About Electrical and Lightning Injury – Steve Johnson, MD
- Early Brain Injury Care: New Findings – Daniel Spaite, MD
- Dr. Friese Goes to Phoenix: Can a Trauma Surgeon Make a Difference at the Legislature? Will the Arizona Legislature Work to Protect the Public from Harm (that is, Trauma)? – Randall Friese, MD
- High Times - Never Heard of That Street Drug: What's New on the Street, Clinical Effects, and Implications in Trauma Care – Peter Rhee, MD
For a full list of conference topics and speakers, visit the conference website at http://www.cvent.com/events/southwest-regional-trauma-conference/event-summary-fcb11284c8cb45f8ba9f763802476ff3.aspx.