The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University of Arizona is dedicated to excellence in patient care, clinical and basic research on diseases affecting our patients and education of the next generation of cardiothoracic surgeons.
Our goal is to provide patients with the best possible surgical option for them, choosing from among the widest variety of treatments in which we have specific expertise:
- Adult cardiac surgery, including surgery for adult congenital heart disease and correcting past surgeries.
- Major resections for cancer of the lungs and esophagus.
- Complex aortic surgery, including aortic dissection and the Ross procedure.
- Valvular heart surgery, including minimally invasive mitral valve repair and replacement.
- Endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms.
- Minimally invasive thoracic surgery, including video-assisted thoracoscopic (VATS) lobectomy for lung cancer and for resection of mesothelioma (extrapleural pneumonectomy).
- Surgical treatment of end-stage heart failure, including heart, lung, and heart-lung transplants and ventricular-assist devices.
Make An Appointment
For the best cardiothoracic surgical care in Tucson, Southern Arizona or the Southwest, make an appointment by calling (520) 626-6339.
University of Arizona Department of Surgery
1501 N. Campbell Avenue
PO Box 245071
Tucson, AZ 85724-5071
Office Phone: (520) 626-7951
Clinic Fax: (520) 626-4042