Candidates selected in the past have been among the upper one-third of their medical school class. We only sponsor J-1 visa applicants. Interviews will be scheduled by invitation only. However, before any action may be taken on your application, all of the following materials must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) no later than November 1 of the application year. Applications received after this date will NOT be considered:
- ERAS® application (Please note: For details regarding ERAS please speak with medical college or the NRMP)
- Minimum of three but up to four letters of recommendation
- Dean’s letter
- Official transcripts from medical school
- USMLE score reports
- Applicants currently in post-graduate training must provide a letter of reference from their current Program Director
The National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) program code for the General Surgery Categorical Track (5 years) is 101544OCO and the program code for the Preliminary Track in General Surgery (1-2 years) is 101544OPO.
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- Geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- Information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- Program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.