The Division of Trauma, Critical Care, Burn and Emergency Surgery at the University of Arizona offers a number of continuing education courses and certifications for professionals working in critical care.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS): Two-day intensive courses on trauma resuscitation geared toward physicians
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses: Two-day intensive course on trauma resuscitation geared toward nurses
- Advanced Trauma Nursing: Two-day intensive pathophysiology-based course for nurses
- Advanced Surgical Skills for Exposure in Trauma (ASSET)
- One-day courses for rural trauma care providers
- Lectures and presentations at many southern Arizona EMS agencies, including ambulance services, fire departments, and helicopter ambulance services
Southwest Regional Trauma Conference
Hosted by the University of Arizona's Division of Trauma, Critical Care, Burns, and Emergency Surgery, our team organizes and presentats at this major regional conference attended by more than 800 trauma care providers.
Tucson Citywide Trauma Grand Rounds
This series includes lectures and case reviews exclusively around trauma.
EMS on the Border
Our surgeons frequently present trauma topics at this conference for EMS providers.
Southwest Trauma and Acute Care Symposium
We co-sponsor this conference with other Level-1 Trauma Centers in Arizona.