The Division of Division of Trauma, Critical Care, Burn and Emergency Surgery at the University of Arizona offers a number of continuing education courses and certifications for professionals working in critical care.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS): Two-day intensive courses for physicians on trauma resuscitation
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses: Two-day intensive course for nurses on trauma resuscitation
- Advanced Trauma Nursing: Two-day intensive pathophysiology-based course for nurses
- Advanced Surgical Skills for Exposure in Trauma (ASSET)
- One-day courses for rural trauma care providers
- Lectures and presentations at many southern Arizona EMS agencies, including ambulance services, fire departments, and helicopter ambulance services.
Southwest Regional Trauma Conference
Hosted by the University of Arizona, our surgeons do many presentations at this major regional conference attended by more than 800 trauma care providers.
Tucson Citywide Trauma Grand Rounds
Includes lectures and case reviews.
EMS on the Border
Our surgeons always present trauma topics at this conference for EMS providers.
SW Trauma and Acute Care Symposium
We co-sponsor with other Arizona Level 1 trauma centers.