The Arizona Comprehensive Epilepsy Program provides multidisciplinary clinical care to patients with epilepsy through the University of Arizona Medical Center in Tucson.
- Long-term subdural/video EEG monitoring to localize the epileptic focus in the brain
- Subdural/video-EEG grid monitoring and cortical mapping procedures
- Resective surgery
- Corpus callosotomy
- Vagus nerve stimulation
- Minimally invasive MRI-guided laser surgery
Our epileptologists provide comprehensive clinical evaluation and treatment of epilepsy. Patients who are identified as medically refractory are discussed in a multidisciplinary conference including Neurology, Neurosurgery (Epilepsy Surgery), Neuropsychology and Neurophysiology to determine if a referral should proceed for neurosurgical evaluation & treatment.
- All of our neurosurgeons are Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board of Neurological Surgeons. Dr. Martin Weinand is the only fellowhship trained epilepsy neurosurgeon in Southern Arizona.
- Our training includes proficiency with all general neurosurgical procedures
- We utilize the full spectrum of neurosurgical techniques from traditional to minimally invasive to radiosurgical.
- Through collaboration with other disciplines, including neurology, we can leverage the strengths of the University of Arizona and offer the highest level of comprehensive care.
- Our neurosurgeons employ the most advanced surgical tools from intra-operative, frameless image-guidance to minimally invasive spinal or skull base equipment.
- Our neurosurgeons at The University of Arizona Medical Center –University Campus were the first in the western United States to operate on an adult epilepsy patient with minimally invasive MRI-guided laser surgery – a safer, less invasive alternative to opening the skull and cutting out the brain tissue where the disorder originates.
- We partner with industry leaders to ensure that we have access to and even influence the next generation of surgical technology
Make an Appointment
For the best neurosurgical care in Tucson, Southern Arizona and the Southwest, you can make an appointment by calling us at (520) 694-1001.