The University of Arizona Kidney Transplant Program is one of the leading academic transplant programs in the Southwest. Our multidisciplinary team includes transplant surgeons, adult and pediatric transplant nephrologists, transplant pathologists, transplant physician assistants, pharmacists, social workers, transplant coordinators, dietitians, and tissue typing specialists. We also closely work with specialists in radiology, urology, and gastroenterology.
Select Areas of Additional Expertise
- Diabetes management via combined kidney-pancreas or kidney-islet transplants
- Robot-assisted/ minimally invasive procurement of living donor kidneys
- Transplants in patients with positive crossmatches
- ABO-incompatible living donor kidney transplants (for recipients and donors with incompatible blood types)
- Nondirected ("Good Samaritan") living donor transplants
- Multiorgan transplants (e.g., pancreas-kidney; liver-kidney, heart-kidney, lung-kidney)
- Kidney transplants for HIV+, HBV+, and HCV+ patients
What Sets Us Apart
Since the early 1990s, our surgeons have performed complex kidney transplants, frequently in combination with other organs with excellent outcomes. The kidney transplant program continues to grow with the recent recruitment of additional transplant experts from around the country:.
Make an Appointment
For the best surgical care in Tucson, Southern Arizona or the Southwest, please make an appointment by calling (520) 694-1001.